The Good Samaritan Fund in Kisiizi Hospital provides help to the poorest members of the surrounding community when they cannot manage the costs of healthcare.
In addition, the Good Samaritan Fund routinely supports
- the cost of infant milk formula milk for premature babies whose mothers have insufficient breast milk
- the cost of care for patients with mental illness (50% subsidy)
- the cost of insulin for patients with diabetes (50% subsidy).
Support for the Good Samaritan Funds is raised by
- Donations from Ugandans and friends overseas
- 25% of all the collections in the Kisiizi Hospital Chapel go to the Good Samaritan Fund
- All the proceeds from the Kisiizi Falls Tourism Park go to Good Samaritan Fund
The Good Samaritan Fund has helped Kisiizi Hospital to always accept patients, in fact since the hospital was established in 1958 it has never closed its doors to patients or turned anyone away.
If you are able to offer any further support to this vital work, please look at the Kisiizi Hospital website information under “Supporting Kisiizi” www.kisiizihospital.org.ug
Thank you so much for your support.